Page last updated 27th November 2021
SWISS EXPRESS is the Society’s magazine published four times a year in March, June, September and December.
The December issue was dispatched to members at the end of November and includes the following features:
● Two Spectacular September Events.
● Lost Lines – Strassenbahn Schaffhausen-Scheitheim StSS).
● Where’s Heidi?
● SBB main line Diesel Locomotives – part two.
● Forty years on the Thunersee and Brienzersee.
● Photo Gallery.
● A Museum Loco returns to the Bernina Railway.
● The Alstom Prima H4 (SBB Class Aem 940).
● Eiger Express – A new way to the Top of Europe.
● Ivan Rodrigues from STC writes:
● Swiss News.
● Society News.
● Modelling News – Bad Zellhof.
● Society Pages.
● Society Diary Branches and Meetings.
● Where’s Heidi?
● And Finally…….
In addition there is a 48 page supplement “SBB Loco-hauled Carriages” by Martin Fisher.
22001 to 2019 Editions of Swiss Express are available to download in pdf format on the “Swiss Express” page within the Members Area.
Back issues are available from SRS Sales, price £2.00 per issue, apart from the previous years magazines (2019) which cost £10.00 for the set of four. These can be purchased either from our on-line shop or by post from SRS Sales. Please look at the on-line shop to see which back issues are available
Current year magazines (2021) are only available for sale under special circumstances.
Martin Fisher has compiled a new index to Swiss Express going back to issue No. 1 in subject order and in pdf format
Part one covers the first 60 issues from January 1985 until December 1999
Part two covers the subsequent 64 issues from January 2000 until December 2015
Part three covers the issues from March 2016 until December 2019
Part four covers the issues from March 2020 until December 2020
The magazine editor is Bill Salter –
Advertising queries should be addressed to –
Click on the “year” to see the cover and contents of that years magazines
The magazine has been published in A4 format since 2011 prior to that it was published in A5 format.
The next issue of Swiss Express will be published in March 2022.