Page last updated 7th March 2022
SWISS EXPRESS is the Society’s magazine published four times a year in March, June, September and December.
The March issue was dispatched to members at the end of February and includes the following features:
● From Montreux to the Rochers-de-Naye.
● Where’s Heidi?
● SBB Heavy-duty Shunting Locomotives.
● DS Stat Luzern now restored and back in Service.
● Rails to the Lucelle Valley? A forlorn hope of 1896.
● Times Past – Bellinzona (and further South).
● A Museum Loco returns to the Bernina Railway.
● “All Change” on the Rhätische Bahn.
● Photo Gallery.
● The Alstom Prima H3 (SBB Class Ama 932).
● Swiss News.
● Society Pages.
● Ivan Rodrigues from STC writes:
● North Norfolk Railway to overhaul boiler of Rhätische Bahn G 3/4 No.1 Raetia .
● Society Diary Branches and Meetings.
● Modelling News: Spiez: a layout built in Lockdown.
● Book Review.
● Where’s Heidi?
● And Finally…….
1991 to 2020 Editions of Swiss Express are available to download in pdf format on the “Swiss Express” page within the Members Area.
Back issues are available from SRS Sales, price £2.00 per issue, apart from the previous years magazines (2021) which cost £14.00 for the set of four. These can be purchased either from our on-line shop or by post from SRS Sales. Please look at the on-line shop to see which back issues are available
Current year magazines (2022) are only available for sale under special circumstances.
Martin Fisher has compiled a new index to Swiss Express going back to issue No. 1 in subject order and in pdf format
Part one covers the first 60 issues from January 1985 until December 1999
Part two covers the subsequent 64 issues from January 2000 until December 2015
Part three covers the issues from March 2016 until December 2019
Part four covers the issues from March 2020 until December 2021
The magazine editor is Bill Salter –
Advertising queries should be addressed to –
Click on the “year” to see the cover and contents of that years magazines
The magazine has been published in A4 format since 2011 prior to that it was published in A5 format.
The next issue of Swiss Express will be published in June 2022.