Page last updated 26th June 2022
SWISS EXPRESS is the Society’s magazine published four times a year in March, June, September and December.
The June issue was dispatched to members at the end of May and includes the following features:
● Through the Sihl Valley and up to the Uetliberg – memories of the 1970s.
● Where’s Heidi?
● 30th Anniversary of the Dampfbahn Furka Bergstrecke (DFB).
● SBB 6-Wheel Shunters (and their prototypes and successors) part 1.
● Vectron Variations.
● “Crocodiles” at Hüntwangen-Wils.
● Photo Gallery.
● Der Gamechanger für den Schienengüterverkehr.
● Full Steam ahead for the largest paddle-wheel fleet in Europe.
● Swiss News
● Society Pages.
● Society Diary Branches and Meetings.
● Modelling News – Fillisur in HOm. .
● Jungfraubahn carriages on the Wengeralpbahn.
● Book Reviews.
● Where’s Heidi?
● And Finally…….
1991 to 2020 Editions of Swiss Express are available to download in pdf format on the “Swiss Express” page within the Members Area.
Back issues are available from SRS Sales, price £2.00 per issue, apart from the previous years magazines (2021) which cost £14.00 for the set of four. These can be purchased either from our on-line shop or by post from SRS Sales. Please look at the on-line shop to see which back issues are available
Current year magazines (2022) are only available for sale under special circumstances.
Martin Fisher has compiled a new index to Swiss Express going back to issue No. 1 in subject order and in pdf format
Part one covers the first 60 issues from January 1985 until December 1999
Part two covers the subsequent 64 issues from January 2000 until December 2015
Part three covers the issues from March 2016 until December 2019
Part four covers the issues from March 2020 until December 2021
The magazine editor is Bill Salter –
Advertising queries should be addressed to –
Click on the “year” to see the cover and contents of that years magazines
The magazine has been published in A4 format since 2011 from 1985 until 2010 it was published in A5 format.
The next issue of Swiss Express will be published in September 2022.